Saturday 24 April 2010

100 Strangers

In the interest of keeping me on my toes and making me work a bit harder at this whole photography thing I have joined a group on Flickr, the photo sharing website, called 100 strangers. The plan is you approach one hundred strangers engage them in conversation and ask if you can take their photo. I had expected to be really nervous and wasn't sure how to go about it but decided that people in a park are generally relaxing and have a few minutes spare so are more approachable than someone dashing around town. I was just standing admiring some fantastic flowers, more of those later, when an elderly lady asked one of the park keepers what they were, he told her they were a type of fritilary that looked beautiful but had a bit of a weird smell. She said she couldn't smell it, I could and joined the conversation - the flowers smell like cannabis! The old lady left and I sensed my opportunity, explained what I wanted and it turns out that Tony knows Flickr well as his partner is a member of the Huddersfield group and he was more than happy to be my first stranger! It's a small world isn't it?
100 strangers - 001
one down 99 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, feedback is always appreciated and I always reply. x