Saturday 1 January 2011

Wedding - Reception photos

Gavin & Sara-46

Mum I love these ones of you all, hope you all do too. "Deep breath in, breath out and relax!" The other thing I should have mentioned (and will say in future when taking photos of reluctant subjects!) is that the thing that I am pointing at you is a camera, NOT a machine gun, so try not to look so terrified!! I am glad you all look nice and relaxed in these, clearly a couple of glasses of mulled wine beforehand is a big help too!

Gavin & Sara-47
And now looking at this I wish I had taken a photo of the 3 of you in your hats, maybe from the back or something a bit quirky as they look so fantastic, damn wish I had thought of that.

Gavin & Sara-48

Gavin & Sara-49
OK here's where things get noisy. Very low light, very high ISO is not the best recipe for nice crisp sharp pics, these aren't terrific and there was a guy with a very fancy camera and a lens that cost probably more than all my kit put together so its likely that he got some fab ones of the cake cutting - fingers crossed!! But in lieu of there being no others these at least are a record.

Gavin & Sara-50

Gavin & Sara-51
That said I rather like this one.

Gavin & Sara-52


Gavin & Sara-53

Gavin & Sara-54

Gavin & Sara-55

Gavin & Sara-56

Gavin & Sara-57

That's all folks! And thank goodness for that, can only imagine the hideousness of photos taken any later tights off, sweaty haired and dancing my arse off - so not a great look but I had a ball!!

And finally just because it is so appropriate
:

An Irish Wedding Blessing

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon the fields.

May the light of friendship guide your paths together.
May the laughter of children grace the halls of your home.
May the joy of living for one another trip a smile from your lips, a twinkle from your eye.
And when eternity beckons,
at the end of a life heaped high with love,
May the good Lord embrace you
with the arms that have nurtured you
the whole length of your joy-filled days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, feedback is always appreciated and I always reply. x