Sunday 6 November 2011

Steve and I had a weekend off! I know, we were pretty shocked too, it was blissful. Today we decided to head over to Glossop where Steve used to go as a boy, it was the last stop of the bus from Hyde and he used to take his little sister with him.  He wanted to walk along the path they used to take and show me the stream he used to dam, apparently he bought cans of Tab that he put into the stream to keep cold to convince his much younger sister to walk back to the bus stop!

On the way over the tops from Holmfirth the views were spectacular as we had been blessed with the perfect day so decided to pull into the parking area to take some photos.  In photography light is all, timing is a close second - today I got both on the nail!

Paragliders above Holmfirth

Paragliders above Holmfirth
His photos will be better than mine, not least because I'm not in them!
Paragliders above Holmfirth

Paragliders above Holmfirth

Paragliders above Holmfirth

Paragliders above Holmfirth


Paragliders above Holmfirth

Paragliders above Holmfirth

Then back in the car and continued on to Glossop for our walk.

Someone's pride & joy
Tucked up like this I assume this is someone's pride and joy!

Glossop walk

Glossop bendy fence
Wonderful day that we both really enjoyed.









































2 comments:

  1. Your photos are exquisite! I am viewing them on a large screen and I feel as though I could fold myself up and literally deposit myself without one of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless you that means a great deal to me, thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, feedback is always appreciated and I always reply. x